Friday, October 06, 2006

My newest machine! A vintage Kenmore.



This is my newest vintage machine! Can you believe that I got it for free! It works prefectly, just a bit louder than my Singer Stylemat 329K from the 60's (I think), maybe its because its a front loading verticle bobbin? This Kenmore is obviously older than the 60's, but I don't know by how much. The model number on the bottom says C -877-16. It only straight stitches and backs stitches, but it really makes a nice stitch. Its sooooooo pretty too! I would love to know more about this machine, especially what decade its from. I have joined the vintage kenmore yahoo group, just haven't posted there yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's such a pretty color! Much cuter than my Bernina. ;)

the scrappy sewist said...

I know love the colour. I wish the new machines of today came in such pretty colours. Some people even have pink sewing machines!!!

Rebekah said...

What an interesting model! There is a sewing machine manual at this site which has picture that very closely resembles your machine (click here to see it). Hope this helps!

-Rebekah

Gary said...

I have an 877-15 which looks very similar, but it has some fancy painted decoration on the blue. Works amazingly well!